Friday, 30 October 2015
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
The artwork of many Quilt NSW members was juried into Art Quilt Australia 2015 presented by Ozquilt Network Inc and the National Wool Museum. Congratulations, in particular, to prize winners:
- Expressions: The Wool Quilt Prize Lisa Davis, The Art of Record Keeping (Highly Commended: Yvonne Line, Ode to the Shearer)
- Ozquilt Network Newsletter 25th Anniversary Award of Excellence Alvena Hall, Arboreus: Ediacara Suite 2015
Monday, 26 October 2015
- provide quality training and education to enable the JEPP participants to evaluate quilts in any local, regional, national or guild show; and
- provide and actively promote a judging service for the benefit of members and member groups of the Quilters Guild of NSW Inc.
The judges provide a professional and impartial judging service and work within the parameters of the criteria set by the quilt show or challenge co-ordinators.
To request judging services for your quilt show or challenge, please complete the form below or contact the JEPP Co-Convenors (Brenda Gael Smith & Maree Gebhardt) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, 24 October 2015
Friday, 23 October 2015
Wednesday, 21 October 2015
Lisa Walton will give the final Quilt Study Group of NSW talk of the year on Saturday the 21st of November 2015. Lisa has been awarded many prizes for her quilts in Australia and international quilt shows and also teaches across Australia, New Zealand, the USA, UK, Europe and South Africa. She was awarded the 2010 Jewel Pearce Patterson Scholarship for Quilting Teachers by the International Quilt Association, Houston USA.
Lisa's talk is called “Leap and the net will appear - Sometimes great opportunities occur but we are afraid to take that leap due to natural fear of rejection or humiliation”. Lisa will talk about how taking that leap often leads to even more exciting opportunities.
The QSG of NSW talks are easy to get to and are a short walk from either Wynyard or Circular Quay Train Stations. They are held at The Glover Cottages meeting room, 124 Kent Street, Sydney on a Saturday afternoon and start at 2pm. Entry is $5 for Guild members, $10 for others, and afternoon tea is provided.
Monday, 19 October 2015
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Colour Collision, the 2015 Guild Challenge, premiered at the Annual General Meeting today and the following prize winners were announced:
- 1st Prize: What Colour Makes Brown,Try a Colour Collision by Megan Manwaring
- 2nd Prize: Silk Collision by Bob James
- 3rd Prize: White Light by Sharon Nicholls-Thomson
Tuesday, 13 October 2015
The Victorian Quilters in conjunction with Mildura Arts Centre and generous sponsors are presenting the 2015 One Step Further Exhibition of contemporary Quilts at the Mildura Arts Centre.
Date: 22nd October to 7th December 2015. 10am to 5pm daily
For further details see their website, www.victorianquilters.org, or phone 03 5018 8330.
The details for the 2015 Annual General Meeting of the Guild this Saturday are -
Date : Saturday 17th October
11 am : Annual General Meeting
1 pm : General Meeting
Venue : "The Dome",
Shaftsbury Rd, Burwood.
The outgoing Management Committee members will be thanked and a welcome extended to the new Committee during the AGM formalities.
Friday, 9 October 2015
Friday, 2 October 2015
* If you would like to use one of the sewing machines provided, please let the office know when phoning to book.
Wednesday 21st October 10am- 3pm
Venue: Ground floor, Material Sciences Building, E10. Enter via Gate 2, High Street Kensington (Paid parking is available on campus or there are frequent buses to the University.)