Australian entries for the World Quilt Competition 2017 are now open. Share your artwork on the international stage, and let someone else look after logistics, shipping, customs and insurance! Entries close on Monday, 15 May 2017. Accepted entries will premiere at World Quilt New England (17-19 August 2017) and tour to other Mancuso shows in the United States until early 2018.
Entries can be submitted via the Online Entry Form. Alternatively, download, complete and return the World Quilt Competition 2017 Entry Form – Australian Edition (PDF) by e-mail or post. Be aware that your quilt must be at least 1296 square inches (eg 36x36in) and completed in 2015, 2016 or 2017. See the Contest Rules for more information.
Four Australians received ribbons in 2016. View all the prize winners at www.quiltfest.com.
Enter your quilt in 2017 to be part of this exciting event. For more information, contact the Australian Coordinator Brenda Gael Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recycled Repurposed Revitalised: Patchwork-Inspired Homeware/Furniture category is a once off challenge to visually enhance the exhibition space at the Sydney Quilt Show 2017 with 3 dimensional objects by using the theme of “recycle, repurpose, revitalised”. Item examples are: no larger than a single chair, free standing, stools, small side table, pedestals, plinth, screens, lamps/stands, foot stools, dining chair, bean bags.
|Revitalised Chair by Megan Manwaring|
- Entry is only open to financial members of QuiltNSW.
- There is NO entry fee associated with this category.
- Entries to use repurposed furniture decorated with recycled/reloved textiles, patchwork or to create homewares from recycled patchwork blocks and/or unfinished quilts
- The size of the item must be no larger than a single chair AND must be able to be carried by ONE person.
- Judging categories: Best Design, Best Revitalisation, Best Innovation and Viewers Choice (announced on Sunday morning 25 June).
- Items/objects must be delivered by the entrant to the Sydney Quilt Show exhibition space on Wednesday 21 June or by 10.00am on Thursday 22 June.
- Items/objects must be collected by the entrant at the close of the Sydney Quilt Show, i.e. after 4.30 pm on Sunday 25 June.
- All entries must include a good quality 10 x 15cm photograph showing the entire object/item up to whatever stage it is at, at time of entry.