Entry forms for the Sydney Quilt Show 2008 will be posted out to members this week. Alternatively, you can download the following forms in pdf format:
The Guild hopes that as many members as possible will take up the opportunity to exhibit their quilts at the Sydney Quilt Show. A complete listing of categories is set out in the entry form and we highlight the following changes from 2007:
- Commercially Machine Quilted Quilts – this popular category has been split into two categories, amateur and professional, based on the status of the quiltmaker. The prize is only awarded to the quiltmaker entrant but your quilter will receive acknowledgment, a rosette and a certificate. If you are an amateur and your quilt has been commercially quilted, you should enter Category 5. If you are a professional and your quilt has been quilted by another person, you may either enter your quilt in Category 11 in your own name or enter another professional category in your joint names.
- Pictorial Quilts – the definition for Category 14 has been expanded to clarify that quilts must be representation of a person, place or thing.
- Domestic Machine Quilted Quilts – this category has been deleted due to lack of participation. However, the overarching special award of Excellence in Domestic Machine Quilting continues and you may nominate your quilt for this award by ticking the relevant box on the entry form. There is also an encouragement award for domestic machine quilting.
- Machine Embroidered Quilts – a new category 16 has been introduced on a trial basis. See the entry form for details.
Detailed conditions of entry are set out in the entry form. Please ensure that your category and quilt size are correct when planning your entry. Use clear handwriting when completing your entry form and keep to the 40-word limit for your quilt description. Don’t leave it to the last minute to post your entry form to the office.
Important dates to show on your calendar include:
- 1 February Entry forms posted out to members by this date
- 29 February Closing date for entries – this will be strictly applied
- 1 May Acceptance letters posted out by this date
- 4 June Quilts must be delivered to “Drop Off Ladies” by this date
- 8 June Judging Day
- 10 June Set Up Day
- 11 June Opening Day and Awards Ceremony
- 15 June Final Day and Take Down