QuiltNSW May General Meeting
Date : Saturday May 21st 2016
Time : 11.00am
Venue : The Function Rooms
Shaftsbury Ave, Burwood
Shop : Fabric Garden
Facebook & Instagram - How to maximise publicity for your next quilt show
11-am : Sue Miller will address the members with a Power Point Demonstration on the use and access of Social Media as pertinent to QuiltNSW.
Come and find out how to add facebook or Instagram to your smart phone, so that access to all the news at the Sydney Quilt Show and other activities, are at your finger tips.
Sue will take the mystery out of "hashtags" and show how simple it is to add images of your own quilts to social media, and view events as they are happening.
Country Members, who often feel isolated, will be grateful to retrieve this kind of information, and moving forward it will be the way of the future for many communications from QuiltNSW
Sharing your work is not as scary as you think! Sue is willing to help "one-on-one" after the Demonstration, if necessary.
- Hands on demonstration – Setup Facebook and Instagram, Security, Tips and Tricks
- Bring along your mobile device - laptop, smart mobile phone, Tablet
- Remember to also bring along your apple id and password and any other passwords you may need to set things up / make changes.
- Save time. Download the Facebook and Instagram apps from the app store at home (mobile or tablet). But don’t worry, we will do this together as well.
- if you don’t have data on your device this is not a problem – I will show you how to connect to the free WIFI service at the Burwood RSL.
- Q & A – if you have any hot questions re social media – make note of them and there will be time to ask.
2- pm : Our Guest Speaker is Jan-Maree Ball, who has this year been awarded an OAM for her extraordinary quilting initiative : Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry Bags. Come along and hear her story about this online quilting group.
There will be "Show and Tell" for all members, and our "Block Of The Quarter.".... for which we ask for usage of masculine - type autumn fabrics please.