Wednesday 28 August 2019

Quilt Study Group talk by Chris Timmins on Saturday the 7th of September







On the 7th of September Chris Timmins, who received the Lut-Da award earlier this year, will give a talk for the Quilt Study Group about how to get young people quilting and her joy of teaching both school and adult students. For members of Quilt NSW, the nomination submission in the latest Template Newsletter that the President, Megan Manwaring, wrote  gives just a small inkling of the contribution Chris has made to Quilt NSW.

“My journey into Patchwork was not on my agenda. I reluctantly went to a patchwork class to learn a new skill to teach my school students. I have taught so many students over my 25 years even after I retired. I cannot image my life without Patchwork and the friends I have made through this Patchwork Journey.” 

Please encourage everyone you know who is interested in quilting to come along to hear Chris talk. The Glover Cottages (124-134 Kent Street, Millers Point) is a beautiful light-filled venue and it is an easy walk through The Rocks area from either Wynyard or Circular Quay train stations. Quilt NSW guild members pay $5, non-guild members pay $10. Afternoon tea is provided and the talks start at 2pm. Check the Quilt NSW website or the latest Template Newsletters for more details.

No comments: