Patchwork-Inspired Homeware/Furniture Category
Sydney Quilt Show 2017
Closing Date: 1 May 2017
The Recycled Repurposed Revitalised: Patchwork-Inspired Homeware/Furniture category is a once off challenge to visually enhance the exhibition space at the Sydney Quilt Show 2017 with 3 dimensional objects by using the theme of “recycle, repurpose, revitalised”. Item examples are: no larger than a single chair, free standing, stools, small side table, pedestals, plinth, screens, lamps/stands, foot stools, dining chair, bean bags.
|Revitalised Chair by Megan Manwaring|
- Entry is only open to financial members of QuiltNSW.
- There is NO entry fee associated with this category.
- Entries to use repurposed furniture decorated with recycled/reloved textiles, patchwork or to create homewares from recycled patchwork blocks and/or unfinished quilts
- The size of the item must be no larger than a single chair AND must be able to be carried by ONE person.
- Judging categories: Best Design, Best Revitalisation, Best Innovation and Viewers Choice (announced on Sunday morning 25 June).
- Items/objects must be delivered by the entrant to the Sydney Quilt Show exhibition space on Wednesday 21 June or by 10.00am on Thursday 22 June.
- Items/objects must be collected by the entrant at the close of the Sydney Quilt Show, i.e. after 4.30 pm on Sunday 25 June.
- All entries must include a good quality 10 x 15cm photograph showing the entire object/item up to whatever stage it is at, at time of entry.