SHARE YOUR MODERN QUILT
AT THE SYDNEY QUILT SHOW 2017!
QuiltNSW welcomes quilts inspired by modern design at the Sydney Quilt Show 2017. Entrants may choose to enter the updated open Modern Quilt category (see below) OR the relevant technique-based category (amateur and professional)*. Entries close on 13 March 2017 - online entry preferred!
For the purposes of open Category 15, the Conditions of Entry state that a modern quilt must include one or more of the following characteristics:
- the use of bold colours and prints,
- high contrast and graphic areas of solid colour,
- improvisational piecing, minimalism,
- expansive negative space,
- and alternate grid work.
The following slides illustrate some examples of quilts fitting the definition of Modern Quilt for the purposes of the Sydney Quilt Show 2017.
* Only entrants in technique-based Categories 1-4 (Amateur) and 6-9 (Professional) are eligible to nominate their quilt for either the new Retaining the Tradition: Best Traditional Quilt or Best Contemporary Quilt awards that go forward for consideration for BERNINA Best of Show along with first prize winners in each category. For more information, see New Special Awards: Sydney Quilt Show 2017.